Prompt: Today, you worked on a PowerPoint presentation based on a character from "The Life You Save May Be Your Own." Do you think creating a presentation like this helps you understand a story and its characters better than a traditional worksheet? Why or why not? Explain your answer.

 Prompt Response:

    I believe creating a presentation like this helps me understand a story and its characters better than a traditional worksheet because it allows me to analyze them on a deeper level. On a traditional worksheet, you're usually just answering surface-level questions that only take a few minutes. Meanwhile, creating a presentation calls for doing a deep analysis of a story, which takes hours to days. I believe both worksheets and presentations have their positive aspects. But overall, a presentation allows for someone to understand and demonstrate a story in multiple ways. 

Summary: Today in class, we began working on our "The Life You Save May Be Your Own" presentations.

Reflection: I enjoyed class today because I like creating presentations and independent work.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prompt: Think about the word or phrase you find yourself using the most right now. What is it, what does it mean, and why has it become part of your everyday vocabulary? Explain when you typically use it and what your choice of this word or phrase might reveal about you.

Prompt: In “Because I could not stop for Death,” Emily Dickinson presents life as a journey that eventually comes to an end. What experiences in your life have reminded you that time moves quickly? How have those experiences affected the way you value your time?

With 4.5-week grades posting on September 2, reflect on your experience in American Literature so far. What has been going well for you, what has been challenging, and what is one thing you need to improve moving forward?