Prompt: September 11 changed many aspects of American life, even though your generation was born afterward. Think about a major event that has happened during your own lifetime, such as the COVID-19 pandemic or another event that affected your community or the country. How do you think your experience with that event helps you understand what it might have been like for Americans to experience the uncertainty and change following 9/11? Explain the connection.
Prompt Response:
When the pandemic first started, I had no clue what the world was going to look like moving forward. This helps me understand what it might've been like for Americans to experience the uncertainty and change following 9/11. I see that they could've felt scared of not knowing what the country they once knew would be like after. After they told us that we had to be quarantined for an indefinite period, I couldn't imagine what my life would be like after. Honestly, I was scared that I would have to wear a mask for the rest of my life. Experiencing this pandemic changed the United States for everyone. I could only imagine it was the same after 9/11.
Summary: Today in class, we took a test on "A Rose for Emily."
Reflection: The test took me longer than I expected.
Comments
Post a Comment