Prompt: In Part I of A Rose for Emily, Emily’s house stands out from the community and reflects both her past and the changes happening around her. Think about a house, building, or place that holds special memories for you. What does that place look like, what memories do you connect with it, and what does it represent to you?
Prompt Response:
A place that holds special memories for me is the elementary school I attended. Today, my younger brother attends that school, so I still get to visit it. Every time I go there, it reminds me of my childhood days. When I went there, life was so much more simple. I don't like the feeling of growing up so visiting that school when I'm close to graduating from high school makes me a little sad. At that school, I shared many great memories with my teachers and friends. Today, I'm still friends with some of these people, so it also reminds me of how much people have changed since then. This school represents a happy, easy part of my life.
Summary: Today in class, we started to read, "A Rose for Emily" and answered comprehension questions.
Reflection: I have never read a story like this, so I found it to be pretty interesting. I did find it a little hard to understand at some points.
Comments
Post a Comment