Prompt: In “Her Sweet Weight on My Heart a Night” by Emily Dickinson, the speaker describes the emotional weight another person can have on us. Think about someone who has left a lasting impact on your life. In what ways do you still carry that person with you?
Prompt Response:
Someone who has left a lasting impact of my life is my first grade teacher from elementary school. This teacher has always made me feel seen and important. When I'd have bad days she'd always cheer me up. Although I haven't spoken to her in years, she still carries a special place in my life. When I struggle with academic stress I remember her words and how someone recognizes me as more than a student. This shows how people's actions really affects others. To others, these interactions with my teacher may seem small but they've played a huge role in my life.
Summary: Today in class, we continued to work on our heart drawings and read "Her Sweet Weight on My Heart a Night" by Emily Dickinson.
Reflection: I liked creating my heart drawing because it allowed me to think about my emotions and be creative. Additionally, I liked the poem we read today, but I thought it was a little hard to understand at some parts.
Comments
Post a Comment