Prompt: In “Heart, We Will Forget Him!” by Emily Dickinson, the speaker shows a conflict between what we think and what we feel. Describe a time when your heart and your mind seemed to want two different things. Which one did you listen to, and why?

Prompt Response: 

    A time when my heart and mind seemed to want two different things is when I had to decide to forgive a particular person. There's is this person that has been rude to me countless of times, which hurts me. In my mind, I know I have to cut this person off because they've given me the reasons to. Meanwhile, in my heart I feel that I should give them another chance because I'd feel bad for cutting them off. I decided to listen to my mind, as it was the most logical choice for the future. If I continued to be this person's friend then it would just bring me more pain and stress later. Even though I felt bad for this person, I knew I had to save myself for the future.

Summary: Today in class, we read "Heart, We Will Forget Him!" by Emily Dickinson and analyzed the text. 

Reflection: I believe this has been my favorite poem by Emily Dickinson so far. I really liked how she separated the mind and heart through words.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prompt: Think about the word or phrase you find yourself using the most right now. What is it, what does it mean, and why has it become part of your everyday vocabulary? Explain when you typically use it and what your choice of this word or phrase might reveal about you.

Prompt: In “Because I could not stop for Death,” Emily Dickinson presents life as a journey that eventually comes to an end. What experiences in your life have reminded you that time moves quickly? How have those experiences affected the way you value your time?

With 4.5-week grades posting on September 2, reflect on your experience in American Literature so far. What has been going well for you, what has been challenging, and what is one thing you need to improve moving forward?