Prompt: How did creating your own origin myth help you better understand why cultures use stories to explain the origins of people, places, traditions, or natural events? In your response, describe the choices you made while developing your myth and explain the lesson, value, or human responsibility you wanted your story to communicate.
Prompt Response:
Creating my own origin myth helped me better understand why cultures use stories to explain the origins of people, places, traditional, or natural events, as it allowed me to gain insight into how stories can really resonate with the reader. When stories like these are orally passed around, the story could be misconstrued. But because they are told with a purpose, the lesson and the theme stay the same. For my story, I really wanted to convey the message about all living things being equal. That is why I made the creator of the world a bird and the antagonist a human. I did this with the intention of showing how, even though the bird is significantly smaller than the human, they are just as strong and need to be respected.
Summary: Today in class, we talked about the parts of a narrative and started to write our own origin myth.
Reflection: I really enjoyed creating my own story because it helped me realize how stories can really teach people great life lessons.
Comments
Post a Comment