Describe one thing that makes you different from other people.

 Prompt Response: 

One thing that makes me different from other people is that I have an extremely strong moral compass. Everyone has morals, but I believe I follow mine more than others. Sometimes this can make me miss out on opportunities everyone else is doing because my personal standard won't allow me. People often try to peer pressure me or steer me away from things I believe in, but it usually doesn't work. I also get told I act like someone's parent or grandma by those older than me or my age. I believe this is because of my integrity and routine of following rules.

Summary: Today in class, we read the poem "Im Nobody! Who are you?" written by, Emily Dickinson. We also discussed the meanings of being "somebody" and "nobody".

Reflection: I really enjoyed this poem because I related to it. I often try to find people that have the same interests as me, while not giving away that I like them until I find out that they do as well. I do this because I either don't want to be made fun of or be labeled as "weird".

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prompt: Think about the word or phrase you find yourself using the most right now. What is it, what does it mean, and why has it become part of your everyday vocabulary? Explain when you typically use it and what your choice of this word or phrase might reveal about you.

Prompt: In “Because I could not stop for Death,” Emily Dickinson presents life as a journey that eventually comes to an end. What experiences in your life have reminded you that time moves quickly? How have those experiences affected the way you value your time?

With 4.5-week grades posting on September 2, reflect on your experience in American Literature so far. What has been going well for you, what has been challenging, and what is one thing you need to improve moving forward?